Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Criticizing Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer

Postby bankska22 » Jun Sat 15, 2019 11:59 am

rudolph.jpg
rudolph.jpg (201.85 KiB) Viewed 250 times

The classic stop motion holiday special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has recently received some criticism, and some don’t agree with the critics. In the special, Rudolph and Hermey (an elf who wants to be a dentist) meet on the Island of Misfit Toys after each of them was ostracized for being different. Then, of course, Santa’s going to cancel Christmas, but Rudolph saves the day with his magnificent glowing nose. After which, both Rudolph and Hermey are eventually accepted by everyone else at the North Pole.

If you haven’t picked up on it, the criticism is simply that Rudolph is only accepted by everyone else after his uniqueness is proven to be a benefit to them. The group refused to accept Rudolph because his nose was red, and it glowed, but the moment that such a trait is useful, they are quick to accept him and no longer tease him for being different.

Meanwhile, Corinne Conley, the voice of Sue the dolly, told TMZ her take on the matter:

“I would say that it’s more relevant now than ever because there is so much bullying going on, but I mean it’s all reconciled in Rudolph and surely people wouldn’t love it so much if it left a resonance of bullying it wouldn’t be so indelible in people’s hearts and believe me I’ve got to tell you having been in it and having a list of credits over the last 60 years, people read my credits and say ‘oh, you were in Rudolph!’ and you know, they start to cry. Now, I don’t think they’re associating Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with bullying or at least bullying that hasn’t been reconciled.”

bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors