Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Watchmen

Postby bankska22 » Jun Sat 15, 2019 12:08 pm

hbos-watchmen-series-gets-a-thrilling-new-teaser-trailer-counts-down-to-the-end-of-the-world-social.jpg
hbos-watchmen-series-gets-a-thrilling-new-teaser-trailer-counts-down-to-the-end-of-the-world-social.jpg (129.85 KiB) Viewed 616 times

HBO has released the first real teaser trailer for Damon Lindelof’s highly anticipated Watchmen series. As you’ll see, the trailer teases a count down to the end of the world.

This is our best look yet at the show and there are a lot of interesting aspects about it and cool visuals. I’m not entirely sure what is going on, but it looks like a revolution is building. The trailer definitely got me excited about what the series is going to deliver!

Watchmen is inspired by the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons and this series is a continuation of that story set years after the events in the original story. The series will be set in the same alternate history universe where superheroes are treated as outlaws, but the story will focus on a whole new present day setting and characters.

This series will expand on that universe, and creator Lindelof has stressed that he will not be messing with the original story. He explained, "Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own."

Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think!

The cast for the series includes Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk), Jeremy Irons (Justice League), Don Johnson (Django Unchained), Jean Smart (Dirty John), Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?), Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman), Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Aquaman), Andrew Howard (Limitless), Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow), Frances Fisher (Titanic), Jacob Ming-Trent (Ray Donovan), Sara Vickers (Endeavour), Dylan Schombing (Warcraft), James Wolk (Mad Men) and Hong Chau (Homecoming).  

When talking about the new characters that will fill the story, Lindelof said:

"Some of the characters will be unknown. New faces. New masks to cover them. We also intend to revisit the past century of Costumed Adventuring through a surprising yet familiar set of eyes…and it is here we will be taking our greatest risks."

He also added:

This story will be set in the world its creators painstakingly built…but in the tradition of the work that inspired it, this new story must be original. It has to vibrate with the seismic unpredictability of its own tectonic plates. It must ask new questions and explore the world through a fresh lens. Most importantly, it must be contemporary. The Old Testament was specific to the Eighties of Reagan and Thatcher and Gorbachev. Ours needs to resonate with the frequency of Trump and May and Putin and the horse that he rides around on, shirtless. And speaking of Horsemen, The End of the World is off the table…which means the heroes and villains–as if the two are distinguishable–are playing for different stakes entirely.

Watchmen will debut this Fall on HBO… Tick tock.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Watchmen

Postby VincentLupo » Jun Sat 15, 2019 1:40 pm

I'll give this a look but I'm not expecting much.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby chouette » Jun Sat 15, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm pretty sure I watched the movie a decade ago, but unsure if I liked it or not. Since this series is HBO, I will probably watch it. But like Vince, I'm not expecting much either.
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby topmeasure » Jun Sat 15, 2019 2:03 pm

It looks a bit weird, but may give it a look.
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
Topics: 833
CoverArt: 675
Resources: 12
Medals: 6
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)
EFX Froum Champ 2019 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2018 (1)

Postby Jazzy » Jun Sat 15, 2019 3:45 pm

:minion34:
Jazzy
Administrator
It must be 5 O'clock somewhere on this planet....Beer Time!
Topics: 542
CoverArt: 938
Resources: 75
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2016 Design Merit Contest (1)

Postby bankska22 » Jun Sat 15, 2019 4:14 pm

I'll give it a go. I enjoyed the film.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors