Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Paul Dano: The Batman

Postby bankska22 » Jun Mon 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Paul Dano (There Will Be Blood, Love & Mercy) is gearing up for playing Edward Nashton/The Riddler in the upcoming Matt Reeves-directed film, The Batman. He had been in the midst of working on the film before the pandemic began, and went home for what he thought would be a quick break when he found out about the travel restrictions and Hollywood shutdowns.

In a recent interview with The Playlist, Dano explained:

“I was filming. I flew home to visit my baby and then didn’t get to fly back [to set, because of Coronavirus], which is a really strange thing. But I feel really good about it. I think Matt Reeves is the real deal. I was really surprised by his script, which I think is, is potentially really powerful. Hopefully we’ll get to get back to it sometime soon? I’m not sure.”

When asked if he could say anything about the film or his character, he of course said:

“I can’t even legally can’t say anything about it.” Dano did tease that “There’s something fun there in my character and in all the characters. It’s the kind of movie that we’re just desperate to share on the big screen in a big way. So, I hope we all figure this [coronavirus situation] out and get excited to see a Batman movie. It will be worth it. It’s going to be really cool.”

Of course it’s all very hush hush, as you can imagine, but it sounds like the actor is really positive about the story and role. I am excited for the film, just based on the incredible cast that includes Robert Pattinson as the titular Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jeffrey Wright (Westworld) as Commissioner James Gordon, Zoë Kravitz (Big Little Lies) as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Paul Dano (There Will Be Blood) as Edward Nashton/The Riddler, Andy Serkis (Black Panther) as Alfred Pennyworth, newcomer Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál, John Turturro (The Night Of) as Carmine Falcone, and Peter Sarsgaard (Green Lantern) as Gil Colson. Gil Perez-Abraham (Orange is the New Black), Charlie Carver (Teen Wolf), and Max Carver (Teen Wolf) have also been cast in undisclosed roles.

Reeves previously described the noir-style film as:

“It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that.”

It’s been so exciting to hear this movie slowly come together. While it has faced some hold-ups, The Batman is set to hit theaters on June 25, 2021. Are you excited?
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Paul Dano: The Batman

Postby Jazzy » Jun Tue 02, 2020 12:07 am

The Batman... I don't care anymore...
Sorry  :(
Jazzy
Administrator
It must be 5 O'clock somewhere on this planet....Beer Time!
Topics: 542
CoverArt: 938
Resources: 75
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2016 Design Merit Contest (1)

Postby chouette » Jun Tue 02, 2020 4:20 pm

What Jazzy said. At this point, they can pretty much cast anyone. I don't care either, lol
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby VincentLupo » Jun Tue 02, 2020 11:08 pm

I'd be more excited to see another Clooney version.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors