Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

Questions & Answers

Here you can find answers on how to do things and ask questions about things not listed.

Regarding Blu-Ray cover sizing...

Postby EndlessFloydian » Dec Sat 26, 2020 6:23 pm

New here, I wanted to print off some blu-ray covers and also upload some of my own soon, but I noticed what could be a small error in the "Guideline" section.

It appears that the standard UK Vortex Blu-ray (11mm) has a bigger pixel count than the Viva Elite US 4-6 disc case (15mm). Shouldn't the pixels on each be swapped? I would have thought that the thinner blu-ray (11mm) would have smaller pixel count than the bigger (15mm) case.

Vortex        Blu-Ray Cover (UK)**        3173px        1762px        11mm        1-2 discs
Viva Elite        Blu-Ray Cover (US)        3142px        1748px        15mm        4-6 discs

Am I missing something? I just don't want to end up printing/uploading a cover that is too big or small.

Thanks for any info!
Default Avatar
EndlessFloydian
Passive Member
Topic author
Topics: 2

Re: Regarding Blu-Ray cover sizing...

Postby ctaulbee » Dec Sat 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Sizes were debated and adopted years ago when Blu-rays first appeared, guess you are a little late to the party on that discussion.

Short version, none of the sizes here will be changed.

Topic closed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)